Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's over

I think it would be fair to say that the season is over. A steady stream of depressions are thundering across the Atlantic, causing a mass of deep depressions in the souls of sailors everywhere.

The marina is less crowded than it was, and the yards are filling up. The mate and I are now in "stand by" mode, so we can snatch a sail when the wind isn't hurling old boots and the sky isn't falling. This will be interrupted by a short period of manic activity, when Neraida will be lifted, stripped of her old antifouling, and a fresh shiny coat applied. Doing this in October/Novemeber has the advantage that the weed growth slows considerably from now on, so she will stay cleaner for longer... hopefully!

Tinkering will occur from now on also.. I will keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, thank goodness the trivial activity known as sailing is now over for the year. Minds can now concentrate on the principal point of having a boat - messing about on and with one.

October 06, 2006 12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've come to learn that "tinkering" is synonymous with "sailing", no? Tell you what: I'll swap my "tinkering" (aka household chores and minding the gift business) with your "tinkering" just for a spell! What say you? <|:))

Seriously: I know The Mate doesn't like this season, but I'm loving it! Finally the blast furnace has been turned off!

October 08, 2006 3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home